Applications for 2018-19 coming soon!
Our program awards over $35,000 each year in scholarship funds to local young women in our community. The Miss Auburn & Miss Auburn’s Outstanding Scholarship Program is the strongest community-based scholarship competition of its kind in the state. We are an official preliminary to the Miss Washington, Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen, Miss America & Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Scholarship Pageants. We also provide personal development assistance in poise & self confidence, interview and public speaking skills, plus leadership and community service training. Everyone leaves our program a winner!
If selected as our Miss Auburn or Miss Auburn’s Outstanding Teen you will enjoy an exciting and busy year of appearances and engagements. You will meet and interact with city and state officials, community leaders, and caring and giving volunteers who serve the Auburn community in a diligent and dedicated manner.
We take pride in the fact that we don’t require our contestants to pay the entry fees. The Programs’ board of directors works with local business sponsors and provides fundraising options to defer the cost. However, contestants will need to provide wardrobe for the four phases of competition:
- Physical Fitness:
- Miss contestants compete in swimwear
- Teen contestants compete in active wear (shorts and top)
- Evening Wear
It is not necessary to spend large sums of money on this competition wardrobe. The board of directors has a strong network to assist you with your wardrobe.
Our programs are open to young women who live, work or go to school within the Auburn community and who are interested in serving in a leadership role that fosters community service.
- Miss Auburn Contestants: Contestants must be female and shall not be less than seventeen (17) years of age and a graduating high school senior on the date of the commencement of the local competition in which she competes, and not more than twenty-four (24) years of age on December 31st in the year in which she will compete.
- Miss Auburn’s Outstanding Teen Contestants: Must be no younger than 13 years old, in 8th grade middle school to freshman, sophomore and junior year high school grades and not older than 17 years by July 31 in the year in which she will compete. If 17, you must not be a graduating senior.
Candidates should meet one of the following criteria:
- Resident of Auburn
- Miss Contestants: Full-time high school senior or college student.
- Teen Contestants: Full-time student in middle school or high school
- Work at least part-time in Auburn
- The Program will consider allowing participation by young women who reside or attend school in an area adjacent to Auburn which does not have a Miss America preliminary pageant. Priority will be given to young women, who live, work full time or go to school full time in Auburn.
The candidates selected for the responsibility of serving as Miss Auburn and Miss Auburn’s Outstanding Teen must be available to serve as an official ambassador of Auburn during her year of service and be willing to make as many appearances, parades and events as possible. As the Program supports education, every effort will be made to accommodate her school schedule. The new Miss Auburn’s Outstanding Teen will compete at the state competition over Memorial Day Weekend and the new Miss Auburn will compete at the Miss Washington Scholarship Pageant in July.
If you meet the above requirements, please fill out the Miss Auburn Outstanding Teen application or Miss Auburn application. The deadline to apply will be determined once 2018-2019 applications become available.
Every applicant will be contacted and scheduled for a mandatory interview and talent preview with the board of directors. The date and location are to be determined.